The Malaysian government is aware that the issue of affordable housing is becoming increasingly critical and are taking steps to adress this problem. With the surge in migration to large cities, especially Kuala Lumpur, affordable homes is becoming a necessity. The idea of affordable homes wa launched by the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) for Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Labuan residents. The Affordable Housing schemes also includes the KL room rental program where rental schemes is offered at low rates!Despite of the limited land area in urban areas, cooperation between DBKL and private developers has resulted in several condominium and apartment development projects as well as terrace houses being introduced under the Residensi Wilayah scheme.
It is aimed to help Malaysians, especially those living in urban areas of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, in buying their first homes at an affordable price. (click here to learn how to apply for my first home scheme )
1. Residensi Wilayah KL Application
Please visit the below link for the Malaysian government website for your application of Residensi Wilayah scheme (note: you may chose the location of your dream home on the website itself!): https://residensiwilayah.kwp.gwalov.my
There is an interesting selection of homes including people-friendly homes offered by the SPNB housing program (Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad).
2. Residensi Wilayah Project List 2021
Some popular locations are: Wangsa Maju, Bukit Bintang, Cheras, Bukit Jatil, Seputeh, Setiawangsa, Batu, Bandar Tun Razak, KLCC, Kepong, Lembah Pantai, Segambut, Mont Kiara and many more that you can check at: https://residensiwilayah.kwp.gov.my/projek
3. Kuala Lumpur Affordable Housing Eligibility Requirements
4. Necessary Documents for Application Under This Scheme
If submitting an application, please ensure the below documents are provided along with the application:
Finally, please ensure all information provided is acurrate and up-to date.
5. Residensi Prihatin Housing
These are new launches and comes with a price tag of around RM200,000. However, please note that the properties are mostly located in Putrajaya, Wilayah Persekutuan. You may apply online at https://residensiprihatin.kwp.gov.my/
For the properties at Precinct 19, Putrajaya, visit: https://residensiprihatin.kwp.gov.my/projek
SOURCE: the official portal of residensiprihatin
Frequently Asked Questions & FAQ
1. Can I be living in Selangor or Negeri Sembilan to apply for this project?
2. What types of houses are offered under the KL Putrajaya Labuan Residensi Wilayah program?
Type: apartment with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, living room and dining area. These apartments also comes with a yard space for drying laundry.
For landed properties, please check at https://residensiwilayah.kwp.gov.my/projek
3. I am still single, am I eligible to apply under this scheme?
4. I have just retired from the governemt service, can I apply for a home under this scheme?
5. Now I work and live in KL, but I already have my own house in Melaka, can I apply?
Yes. as long as you did not purchase any other homes under Rumawip (Residensi Wilayah) scheme.
7. How do I check the results of rumawip kl?
Check on the status of your application at Residensi Wilayah Portal https://residensiwilayah.kwp.gwalov.my